Surrounded by the myriad shades of blue of the Mediterranean, Sicily’s shoreline gives simply as various a color palette, alternating gold sand alongside stretches, milky pebbles littering coves making the water look budgerigar blue, and gray cliffs topped by dense tousled tree hair. Then there are the stylish seaside ports, fairly harbour cities and historic centres all including their colors to the shoreline. And the seashore inns and resorts. Our suggestions for Sicily’s greatest beachfront inns and resorts are a pleasingly eclectic lot, starting from island hideaways, to sprawling golf resorts to extra conventional properties, and even a fort! Take a look at our Guru’s record of the 13 greatest seashore inns on Sicily and begin to plan your getaway.
You are watching: beach hotels sicily
For a Beachfront Lodge
- The Lodge Kalura is about 100 steps above a small however attractive cove, with a non-public levelled stretch, excellent for solar loungers, a stretch of sand and a wonderfully clear pebbly cove of probably the most lovely turquoise. There are 72 easy, snug rooms, suites and villas, and lots of have their very own personal balcony or terrace, plus a eating terrace and an enormous pool. As well as there’s an in-house scuba faculty, which additionally gives snorkelling and fishing ideas and tools, complimentary bike rent, and there’s a health suite with an everyday morning yoga class. Excellent for an lively recharge.
- If you would like the sting of your lodge to mix with the sting of the seashore, and for that seashore to be arguably one of the crucial lovely seashores on Sicily, then Capo San Vito is perhaps the lodge for you. With 35 rooms and suites, this isn’t a big lodge, however the rooms are of a beneficiant dimension, with decor that speaks of the islands of South East Asia relatively than the Mediterranean. There’s a restaurant and bar, which spill proper out onto the seashore, a restaurant specialising in native delicacies, and so they provide personal eating on the seashore too. There’s additionally a spa. And whereas all of it sounds very romantic, they’re additionally in a position to accommodate households.
- In case you dream of a non-public seashore you hardly must share, on a quiet island that feels about the identical, Cas’almare is perhaps what you may have been dreaming of. This six room guesthouse is straightforward and sunny, in an unbelievable spot on idyllic Favignana, with personal balconies and sea views for all. Stylishly transformed from previous fisherman’s cottages these suites now have enormous bathtubs lower out of native stone, loads of house and light-weight, and minimalist, however luxurious, options. There’s no restaurant however they supply meals by appointment, and really good ones too, or you may stroll off to city. For a few of our Gurus this property is heaven.
- The Siracusa Resort is the one lodge in Syracuse with a non-public seashore, shared solely by the eleven rooms, one suite and three self-catering residences. You may assume that the residences means this can be a great place for households, however the minimal age is 14, and the residences solely sleep two. The decor is stylish in all of the lodging: with uncovered stone archways, whitewashed partitions and fascinating materials. The suite has two personal terraces and a sizzling tub. And each breakfast and dinner are served al fresco to take advantage of the altering sea. The lodge additionally has canoes and bikes company can borrow.
For a romantic keep
- Castello di San Marco is true by itself personal seashore, and appears each bit the fort of its title. Inside its turrets and domes are 30 rooms and suites, plus a spa and restaurant. That is the right place to return to flee and loosen up, however, simply alongside the coast from Taormina, it’s additionally a very good base to discover the island.
- Small and superbly shaped, La Moresca is a maison de attraction near the seashore at Maria di Ragusa. These 15 rooms and suites, together with one household suite, have been embellished with a complicated eye and a style for a very good mix of vintage and up to date design. There’s no restaurant, however you’re in a great spot for consuming out, and La Moresca has a breakfast terrace superbly scented by flowers.
- In case your style is extra up to date you’ll in all probability favor the Zafran Boutique Lodge & Restaurant, a group of 11 elegant rooms and suites, and wonderful Sicilian restaurant, proper on the seafront at Donnalucata. The decor options loads of white and daring blues, apparently formed rooms, minimalist furnishings and a improbable tackle the native tiled flooring. The very best rooms have sea views and their very own spa baths.
- In case you have your eye on Sicily for a honeymoon, or different special day the Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea is perhaps the kind of lodge you’re imagining: superbly positioned across the excellent ‘c’ curve of a Sicilian bay, by a stretch of personal seashore and simply alongside from a beautiful clifftop, this lodge has 71 rooms and suites, most with personal terraces and balconies, and a very good spa and terrace restaurant with extra of these remember-forever views.
For a seashore resort
- Up towards a extremely lovely stretch personal seashore, full with its personal mini-island, the La Plage Resort is among the most inviting wanting resorts on Sicily. From the neat rows of solar loungers and shiny blue parasols on the seashore, to the neatly decked seashore bar, and the stylish huts with their elegant, spacious New Hampshire Nautique interiors, polished flooring and many glass. In case you want extra to entice you there’s additionally a spa and a Mediterranean restaurant with a terrace-with-a-view.
- If you wish to keep in a resort since you need nice onsite amenities the Verdura Golf and Spa Resort, with its two 18 gap golf programs, two swimming swimming pools, 4 eating places, together with considered one of youngsters, its child’s membership, in depth spa, and virtually two kilometres of personal seashore full with an enormous array or watersports tools, might be for you. It has 203 rooms and suites, so it’s huge, and there’s an enormous vary of rooms configurations and dimensions, together with some with personal swimming pools, so it’s an amazing alternative for households too.
- Small, luxurious and serene, I Pretti Resort is a captivating resort on the quaint little island of Favignana, simply off Sicily’s west coast. The resort overlooks the ocean, and among the 16 suites have beautiful views, and also you’re just a few minutes stroll from Praia Seashore. This can be a quiet spot, excellent in case you’re searching for someplace to let the ocean recharge you.
The Finest Seashore Resorts for Households
- The Domus Maris Boutique Lodge is in Sciacca, which is a small, fairly coastal city between the Mediterranean and the Calogero Mountains. It’s a well-liked spot with cyclists and hikers, however it’s additionally nice for households, each the lodge and the city. Each are small, the lodge has 9 rooms and suites, and welcoming. All of the lodge’s rooms have wooden floors and white partitions, and items that mirror the placement, however they’re all styled barely in a different way, and a few have a non-public terrace or balcony. The lodge has a shared breakfast patio, which can also be an amazing place for a drink of a night. With regards to accommodating households you may decide to have a collection, or match further beds into among the rooms.
For excellent worth
- Solely 800 metres from the seashore, the Baglio della Luna is a superb little 4 star choice, transformed from a gorgeous previous Sicilian mansion home and outbuildings, full with sprawling terraces and a lush, inexperienced backyard. The 23 rooms are historically embellished, and fairly charming, and the restaurant has a fame all around the island for its improbable Sicilian delicacies, and its great views from its verandah over the Valley of Temples.
- Flick through our record of all one of the best locations to remain in Sicily.
- Or you could possibly refine your search to only one of the best inns in Palermo, one of the best inns in Taormina or one of the best inns in Catania or Syracuse.
- You would seek the advice of our Guru’s suggestions for 20 of the Finest Boutique Resorts on Sicily or 15 of the Finest Luxurious Resorts in Sicily or the Finest inns close to Mount Etna.
- Alternatively, you could possibly contact considered one of our pleasant Gurus for personalised recommendation.