“Impressed by the pure wonders of Pine Mountain Ridge, F.D. Roosevelt State Park bridges the hope of the previous to preservation for the long run.”
At 9,049 acres, Georgia’s largest state park is a hiker’s and backpacker’s haven. Greater than 40 miles of trails, together with the favored 23 mile Pine Mountain Path, wind by means of hardwood and pines, over creeks and previous small waterfalls. Many guests are stunned to search out rolling mountains 80 miles southwest of Atlanta. Above King’s Hole is Dowdell’s Knob the place President Franklin D. Roosevelt typically picnicked and contemplated world affairs. A life-size sculpture of the president now welcomes guests to the overlook.
You are watching: liberty bell swimming pool
A number of park facilities had been constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the course of the Nice Melancholy, together with cottages and the Liberty Bell swimming pool fed by cool springs. A wooded campground sits close to the sting of a small fishing lake, and privately operated stables supply guided horseback rides. In 1924, FDR got here to this a part of Georgia to swim in naturally heat springs that provided aid from polio. Right now, close by Roosevelt’s Little White Home State Historic Website invitations guests to see his modest dwelling, a museum and the swimming pools that first drew him right here.
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Movies
Reservations, Lodging & Services
- 9,049 Acres
- 2 Lakes
- 21 Cottages
- 115 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 16 Backcountry Campsites
- 2 Picnic Shelters (Earlier than making reservations, name park for capability limits.)
- 2 Group Shelters (Group Shelter beneath Leak Deleanor dam seats 85, Lake Franklin Occasion Middle seats 125. Earlier than making reservations, name park for capability limits.)
- 1 Group Camp (capability 75. Earlier than making reservations, name park for capability limits. Swimming isn’t presently allowed in Lake Franklin)
- 5 Pioneer Campgrounds (Earlier than making reservations, name park for capability limits.)
- Liberty Bell Swimming Pool — seasonal
- Present Store
- Outside Health Tools
- Wi-Fi — obtainable within the park workplace
- Roosevelt Stables
Issues To Do & See
- Birthday Events
- F.D. Roosevelt Statue at Dowdell’s Knob
- Academic Packages — program utility
- Mountain climbing — 42 miles of trails, Pine Mountain Path
- Horseback Driving — 28 miles of trails, stables (reservations required)
- Interpretive Packages
- Swimming (payment) — seasonal
- Weddings — park approval required. E-mail wedding ceremony coordinator
- Boat Leases at Park Workplace : Jon Boats, Kayaks, Aqua Cycles, Canoes
Close by Sights
- Callaway Gardens
- Columbus, GA
- LaGrange, GA
- Pine Mountain, GA
- Roosevelt’s Little White State Home Historic Website
- Macon-Bibb County, GA
- Thomaston, GA
- Wild Animal Safari
- Huge Lazer Creek WMA & PFA
- Blanton Creek WMA
Liberty Bell Pool – 2021
July 1 – July 27 Wednesday to Sunday, 11am to 6pm
July 28 – September 6 Saturday & Sunday solely, 11am to 6pm Open Labor Day
Pool Charges Wed & Solar Closed Mon & Tue Common Admission $5 Senior Citizen 65+ $3 Youngsters Beneath 3 $2 Army With I.D. $4
Camper and Cottage Visitor Specials
- 3 day cross – $25 (Restrict 6 per household, should present receipt)
- 2 day cross – $20 (Restrict 6 per household, should present receipt)
Season Move Charges
Picnic Shelter Rental
Household (as much as 6 individuals) – $75 Grownup Move – $35 Children Move (below 11) – $30
15-50 – $3/ea 50+ – $2.50/ea
2 Hours (12pm, 2pm, 4pm) – $25 All Day – $65
Pool Rental After Hours
6:00pm – 8:00pm – $150
Requires 2 lifeguards at $25.00 money per lifeguard / max 50 swimmers, every extra 25 swimmers require 1 extra lifeguard at $25.00. Name the park workplace for more information and to order (706) 663-4858.
In The Information
- Evaluation on coastswimming.org.uk
- FDR State Park: 25 Methods To Discover & Get pleasure from This Ga Treasure – 365 Atlanta Traveler
400 Mile Problem
Stroll, run, hike or bike 400 miles in stunning F. D. Roosevelt State Park inside a yr of begin date. Weight problems has greater than doubled over the previous twenty years. Now’s the time to get kids and adults energetic, and what a greater manner to take action than spending your time outdoors?
The problem relies on the respect system which inspires accountability and honesty in every participant. It’s as much as the contributors to document their mileage for every day. After completion, contributors who accomplished the 400 miles problem will obtain a certificates and t-shirts. If you happen to full the 400 miles earlier than the yr is full we encourage you to maintain recording your mileage. Whereas 400 miles could seem overwhelming at first, it is just a bit of over one mile a day to finish the duty.
- $10 payment which features a 400 Mile t-shirt after completion.
- $20 payment which incorporates mesh drawstring bag, and a 400 mile t-shirt after completion.
- $65 payment which incorporates an annual ParkPass, mesh drawstring bag, and a 400 mile a t-shirt after completion.